To Book a Flu Vaccination, Drive Through or Walk In, visit https://www.nhsinform.scot/flu or call 0800 22 44 88
Clinics will change because of staffing/weather/site changes etc. Patients should check a few days before that the clinic they intended to attend is still running.
Flu Vaccination. This year patients will be sent notification from Lothian Health Board where they can go to have their flu injection. Please do not call the surgery regarding flu vaccination appointments .
The flu vaccine is offered in autumn to everyone aged 65 or over and those in the at risk in Scotland to help protect them against influenza (the flu virus). NHS Scotland strongly recommends you get your flu vaccine this year. This is for three reasons:
1. Flu can be serious and life threatening. Every year thousands of people in Scotland are hospitalised because of flu. People aged 65 or over and those in the at risk categories are at particular risk
2. To reduce the risk of you spreading flu to friends and family.
3. To help our NHS avoid the pressure that a spike in seasonal flu would put on top of COVID-19.
Is it safe to go to my flu vaccine appointment?
• Getting your flu vaccine is one of the most important reasons for leaving your home.
• During vaccination, strict infection prevention and control measures will be in place.
• Please wear a face covering while travelling to and from and during your appointment, and remember to wash your hands regularly.
Community Pharmacies Offering Flu Vaccinations
The priority groups which can access flu vaccination from community pharmacy are:
Adults over 65 years
18- 64 years in at risk categories defined in the CMO letter
Living with someone who has been shielding
Community pharmacies will also continue to offer private flu vaccinations to those who do not meet the NHS criteria or do not wish to wait if they are likely to be in the later cohorts.
The service is scheduled to commence 28th September 2020. See below for participating pharmacies -
LEITH Pharmacy 7 Great Junction Street EH6 5HX
BOOTS UK LTD
7 Great Junction St
14 CAMERON TOLL CENTRE 6 LADY ROAD EDINBURGH
|BOOTS UK LTD||101-103 PRINCES STREET EDINBURGH|
|BOOTS UK LTD||46-48 SHANDWICK PLACE EDINBURGH|
|BOOTS UK LTD||UNIT 16,MULTREES WALK,EDINBURGH|
|BRISTO SQUARE PHARMACY||UNIVERSITY OF ED'BURGH 6 BRISTO SQUARE EDINBURGH|
|BOOTS UK LTD||28-30 NEWINGTON ROAD EDINBURGH|
|BOOTS UK LTD||6 ST PATRICK STREET EDINBURGH|
|LINDSAY & GILMOUR CHEMIST||18-20 COMISTON ROAD EDINBURGH|
|LLOYDS PHARMACY||129 BRUNTSFIELD PLACE EDINBURGH|
|PATON & FINLAY||177 BRUNTSFIELD PLACE EDINBURGH|
|OMNICARE PHARMACY||2 HOME STREET EDINBURGH|
|LINDSAY & GILMOUR CHEMIST||37 MOREDUN PARK ROAD EDINBURGH|
|RIGHT MEDICINE PHARMACY||45 FORREST ROAD EDINBURGH|
|WELL PHARMACY||55A MAYFIELD ROAD EDINBURGH|
|LORIMER PHARMACY||153 MORNINGSIDE ROAD EDINBURGH|
|RIGHT MEDICINE PHARMACY||142 MARCHMONT ROAD EDINBURGH|
|NEWINGTON PHARMACY||46-48 CLERK STREET EDINBURGH|
|OMNICARE PHARMACY||2 FOUNTAINHALL ROAD EDINBURGH|
|RIGHT MEDICINE PHARMACY||67 HIGH STREET EDINBURGH|
|OMNICARE PHARMACY||102 WALTER SCOTT AVENUE EDINBURGH|
|HONEY PHARMACY||105 BROUGHTON STREET EDINBURGH|
They will also be able to offer to the over 55 years cohort when this is phased in depending on vaccine availability.